H*O*P*E = Helping Others Practice Empowerment
SMART Recovery Hollywood gratefully appreciates the support of the following organizations and provides these links. If you are searching for a residential or intensive outpatient program, Click Now!
Hollywood Beach Community Center
1301 S Ocean Dr. (A1A), Hollywood, FL 33019
Start a SMART Recovery Meeting in Your Community
Our past experiences has mold us into the person we are today... - Meeting facilitator, Hollywood, Fl
Weekly meetings are held at The Hollywood Beach Community Center on Tuesday's at 7:30 - 9: p.m. and Thursdays at 7:30 - 9: p.m.
SMART Recovery doesn't tell you what to think, it teaches you how to think! It is built on The Power of Choice and that means whatever works for you...
"Discover the Power of Choice!"
SMART Recovery - Self Management And Recovery Training
SMART Recovery is the leading self-empowering addiction recovery support group. Our participants learn tools for addiction recovery based on the latest scientific research and participate in a world-wide community which includes free, self-empowering, science-based mutual help groups.
The SMART Recovery 4-Point Program helps people recover from all types of addiction and addictive behaviors, including: drug abuse, drug addiction, substance abuse, alcohol abuse, gambling addiction, cocaine addiction, prescription drug abuse, and problem addiction to other substances and activities. SMART Recovery sponsors face-to-face meetings around the world, and daily online meetings. In addition, our online message board and 24/7 chat room are excellent forums to learn about SMART Recovery and obtain addiction recovery support.
Give SMART a Chance
If you are having life challenges with addictive behaviors come to our meetings and see if Smart Recovery can work for you. Only YOU have the power to change!
Our national website hosts online forums as well as online meetings for those who cannot attend local face-to-face meetings or may need help immediately.
"If you want to change something in your life, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it."
SMART Recovery doesn't tell you what to think, it shows you how to think Different!
- Meeting facilitator, Fort Lauderdale, FL
We Provide the Resources to Assist You
• Freely downloadable Meeting Facilitator Manuals
• On-line training sessions for Meeting Facilitators
• Regional Administrators are available to help
• The Central Office staff is ready to help you.
Our 4-Point Program®
4-point program for addiction and alcohol abuse
The SMART Recovery 4-Point Program offers tools and techniques for each program point:
1: Building and Maintaining Motivation
2: Coping with Urges
3: Managing Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviors
4: Living a Balanced Life
• Teaches self-empowerment and self-reliance.
• Provides meetings that are educational, supportive and include open discussions.
• Encourages individuals to recover from addiction and alcohol abuse and live satisfying lives.
• Teaches techniques for self-directed change.
• Supports the scientifically informed use of psychological treatments and legally prescribed psychiatric and addiction medication.
• Works on substance abuse, alcohol abuse, addiction and drug abuse as complex maladaptive behaviors with possible physiological factors.
• Evolves as scientific knowledge in addiction recovery evolves.
• Differs from Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and other 12-step programs.